Current members of the Council
The Council consists of the following members according to the law:
- Two representatives from Danmarks Nationalbank, one being the chairman of the Board of Governors of Danmarks Nationalbank and chairing the Council.
- Two representatives from the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority.
- One representative from each of the following economic ministries: Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, Ministry for Economic Affairs and the Interior and Ministry of Finance.
- Three independent experts with knowledge of financial matters.
The members are appointed by the Minister for Business and Growth for a period of up to four years and can be reappointed.
The current members of the Council are:
- Christian Kettel Thomsen, Chairman, Governor by Royal Appointment, Danmarks Nationalbank.
- Michael Dithmer, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs.
- Peter Steensgaard Mørch, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance.
- Kent Harnisch, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Economy.
- Øystein Olsen, Former Governor, Norges Bank, Independent expert.
- Peter Schütze, Former CEO in Nordea Denmark, Independent expert.
- Nina Smith, Professor, Aarhus University, Independent expert.
- Per Callesen, Governor, Danmarks Nationalbank.
- Jesper Berg, Director General, the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority.
- Anne-Sofie Reng Japhetson, Assistant Director General, the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority.
Danmarks Nationalbank performs the secretariat services for the Systemic Risk Council. The Danish Financial Supervisory Authority, the Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry for Economic Affairs and the Interior participate in the secretariat.
According to law, the Council decides by a simple majority vote among the present members with voting rights. In the event of equality of votes, the chairman will have the decisive vote. The representatives from the economic ministries and the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority have no voting rights regarding observations, warnings and recommendations directed towards the government. However, observations, warnings and recommendations directed towards the government will at their publication include a statement by the representatives from the ministries.
Since the Council has an advisory function, the participating authorities preserve their current competences. Similarly, the secretariat services of the Council are also independent of the participating authorities.
The Council meets at least four times a year.